4.01.2012

Impact Able - Lifesong Zambia

Meet Able. 
Handsome, right?And he is a bit of a charmer. But with that smile, can you blame him?
This is what Able had to say about himself:
Hi. I'm Able. I am 14 years old. I live with my mother's sister.  I have lived with her for 2 years.  My mother died when I was 5 years old.  Also, my little cousins, Marleen and Bethshaba, attend Lifesong school in Baby Class. I am in grade 7. My aunt sells vegtables outside our home to help earn an income. Thank you for helping Lifesong.
Along with Able, there are 20 other students who will be entering 8th grade. Just one more year before they beat the odds and become part of the 5% that attend High School. 
Think about that for a minute. 95% of Zambian children will not attend High School.Which means, 95% of Zambian's will never go to college.
And this is why the cycle of poverty continues: 
  • no education = no opportunities 
  • education = opportunities for change
Only 5% are given that opportunity to break that cycle.
YOU have the opportunity to make sure that Able and his 20 other classmates be a part of the 5%.And ALL of the students who will come after Able.
As of now, there are no classrooms available for him and the other grade 7 students. Will you help build a new classroom for Able so that he can continue school this fall and be part of the 5%?
Join Impact Zambia 100
**100 people to give $20/month for 1 year! **And, thanks to a generous donor your gift will be MATCHED dollar-for-dollar! 
What an exciting time to give!

Contact info@lifesongfororphans.org to be apart of the IMPACT!

No comments:

Post a Comment